Portobello Community Council has gathered feedback from the community on three options proposed by City of Edinburgh Council for the replacement of the road surface in Brighton Place.
The options consulted upon were:-
1. Full Sett Reconstruction
2. Asphalt Reconstruction
3. Asphalt Overlay
The results were as follows:-
- A majority of respondents (57%) favoured Option 2, full asphalt reconstruction.
- Whilst there was support for Option 1 full sett reconstruction (48%), there was also a considerable number of respondents who were against Option 1 (42%).
- A majority of respondents (81%) were against Option 3, asphalt overlay.
Full Results and Comments
Portobello Community Council has been carrying out an audit of spaces available to the public.
To see the latest list of community spaces, click the link below Community Spaces Register (opens in a new window)
Please email email@example.com if you know of any spaces not on this list.
The Portobello Community Council Annual Report and Accounts were presented at the 32nd AGM held on Monday, 30th June, 2014.
Also presented were copies of the Joppa Tennis Club accounts and the Porty Lightbox Accounts.
- Portobello Community Council Annual Report 2014
- Accounts for year ending March 2014
- Joppa Tennis Club Accounts for year ending March 2014
- Porty LightBox Accounts for year ending March 2014
Portobello Community Council liaises regularly with the Portobello & Craigmillar Neighbourhood Partnership which is empowered by the city council to work to improve local services and the quality of life.
The partnership is responsible for developing a Local Community Plan which sets out the priorities for the area as identified by local residents.
- More info on the Portobello & Craigmillar Neighbourhood Partnership
A map of community resources in the east of Edinburgh, including resources for children and famillies; housing and welfare; learning, training and employment:-
View/Download the full map