We recently ran a consultation on a licence application for an Ice Cream van at Straiton Place Park. The proposal is to sell ice creams, hot deserts (waffles/crepes), confectionery, hot & cold drinks (no alcohol).
- Licensed operating hours will be 1000-2000
- Electrical power will be from a generator
- The licence will be for 365 days of the year
- Access to the park will be from Straiton Place
- The van will be removed at the end of each day
- Van dimensions are 4m x 3m
- Hard standing may be required
We received 120 responses, with 68% against the application. We have responded to the City of Edinburgh Council objecting to the application, while also forwarding on the comments received (linked below).