City of Edinburgh Council are looking to run Portobello as a spotlight in their marketing campaign for Edinburgh’s Neighbourhoods. If any local business is interested in getting involved then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you in contact.
“For your neighbourhood spotlight week, we are looking to run a competition to offer residents the chance of winning ‘The Ultimate day out in….’ your neighbourhood. We have allocated £100 from the campaign budget to either fund or subsidise the cost of your neighbourhood prize.
Ideally we’re looking for a prize package that is suitable for either two people (two friends or a couple) or a local family. Some ideas for consideration include: a meal for two (or 4 if going for family prize), tickets to 1 – 2 attractions, shopping voucher, cocktails, walking tours, event tickets, overnight hotel stays, afternoon tea, takeaway coffee to enjoy on a walk, ice-cream, a bottle of bubbles, spa treatments, or even a picnic hamper featuring edible goodies from several shops.
As our local neighbourhood representative, we are hoping that you can take the lead on rallying your fellow neighbours and coming up with what the Ultimate day in your neighbourhood is and pulling together a competition prize for local residents to win.
- Competition landing page will live on edinburgh.org and will name-check businesses that have provided a prize
- ‘Win’ messaging will be promoted on social media from the This is Edinburgh / Forever Edinburgh social channels and prize providers tagged
- Our monthly consumer newsletter
- We will explore the opportunity to write a press release to promote all 11 prizes and sell in to local media
- Wider reach can be achieved if you and your neighbourhood share ‘win’ messaging on your social channels too
- Third party data will be shared with prize providers for wider retargeting
We recognise a number of the above experiences are not possible under current lockdown measures, however, we can update the terms and conditions to say that prizes can be redeemed within a 12-month period and when capacity allows. If your neighbourhood prize is experiential, we can position it as a post-lockdown celebration prize.
Each neighbourhood will be given the task of coming up with a competition prize. Are you up to the challenge? 😊 “