NEW PARK UPDATE 3
EXTENDED TIMESCALE – DELIVERY OF ‘OUTLINE PARK DESIGNS’ etc
The 1st stage of Edinburgh & Lothians Greenspace Trust’s (ELGT) local consultation on the ‘new park’ ends on 30 October 2015. Craigentinny and Duddingston Neighbourhood Partnership (C&D NP) was due to make a final decision on the ‘preferred design’ in January. However, it has been acknowledged that this timescale is too short. Therefore the timescale for picking the preferred design has been extended to 31 March 2016.
Whilst some of the arrangements are still being finalised, the amended timeline for the C&D NP’s decision and opportunities for final local input is as follows:
· 30 October 2015 – initial local consultation period ends
· 17 November 2015 – C&D NP Meeting, from 3.30pm – 5pm, in Northfield Community Centre. (This is followed by a ‘drop-in session’ from 5pm – 6pm for people who can’t make the meeting). ELGT will provide full details of the range of engagement undertaken, the findings and local preferences, suggestions and ideas for equipment and the name for the park etc. The Partnership will be asked to make a decision about how the name of the new park will be decided. Everyone is welcome to attend the meeting or the drop-in session. Refreshments available.
· 18 November 2015 – Portobello & Craigmillar Neighbourhood Partnership Meeting (P&C NP), in the East Neighbourhood Centre, from 6.30pm – 8.30pm. ELGT update as above including C&D NP’s decision on how a preferred name will be decided.
· Mid December 2015 – ELGT to finalise and submit the 3 outline ‘Draft Plans’.
· 19 January 2016 – C&D NP Meeting at 6.30pm – ELGT will present and display the draft plans and visuals of how the park might look. The aim will be to encourage the NP and/or members of the public to ask questions, clarify any potential issues/concerns and make general comments.
· From around mid January until the end of February 2016 (the actual dates are still to be confirmed but will be circulated and publicised). The 3 draft designs and visuals will be displayed in libraries, community centres, the HUB etc. It is hoped that the designs can also be circulated electronically for local information and final comments. Any action relating to the Partnership’s decision on how the ‘park name’ will be chosen will be organised and delivered.
· Thursday 17 March 2016 – C&D NP Meeting, at 3pm – The C&D NP will make its final decision on the one ‘preferred park design’ and ‘park name’ to be submitted.
· End March 2016 – preferred design submitted.
It’s still not too late to submit your ideas or suggestions. To receive regular updates, join our e-mail distribution list – contact ELGT at: yoursay@ELGT.org.uk or ring 0131 445 4025.
The delivery date for the new park remains 2018.