On the 7th of January the Community Right to Buy legislation was enacted by Action Porty
On the 7th of January Action Porty wrote to the Scottish Government to state our willingness to undertake Community Right to Buy under the terms of the legislation.
This means that:
* We have 8 months to secure the funds needed for purchase
* We expect to hear later in January about Scottish Land Funds that will help towards the purchase
* An independent valuation will be undertaken by the Scottish Government
* We are working to raise the funds to bridge the gap between the Scottish Land Fund money and the purchase price
* There will also be a ballot of the community, undertaken by the Scottish Government
If we are successful then that is just the beginning.
With the community having already developed the vision, and Urban Animation having transformed that into a clear proposal, we will not simply need to raise the purchase price, but also the funds needed to develop Bellfield into a key community resource, restoring it to the heart of the community.
We hope you will join us in working hard to make this real . . . we will keep you updated as we go!