The results are in. Choosing from ‘Bellfield’, ‘The Bell’ or ‘The Bellfield’, you chose Bellfield! So, our new community space will be named -
In terms of using Bellfield, we are in the calm before the storm.
In terms of the Action Porty Board, we are working hard to get everything in place so we can receive the keys on September 6th, and prepare Bellfield to be ready for regular use by the turn of the year.
We have Board sub-groups working flat out in our spare time:
- with the architect on uncovering information and planning for the building
- preparing funding applications and financial systems
- preparing to interview for a Development Manager
- assessing the appropriate pricing structure for use of the halls
- developing a logo and branding with Union Direct
- planning for key events
- planning for tending the garden and grounds
Alongside this we have been asked to speak at many events to help and encourage other initiatives to follow the same route to urban community ownership and renewal.
If you’re getting a summer holiday this year, have a great one.
See you on the other side!