Please see below. Spaces for People have arranged a public Teams meeting where Duddingston Road will be discussed.
Dear residents, headteachers and councillors,
Members of the Spaces for People team and the 4 local councillors met up this morning and discussed the Duddingston Road – Spaces for People scheme.
It was agreed to organise a residents’ meeting to discuss the concerns some residents have about the Spaces for People scheme on Duddingston Road.
At the meeting we plan to discuss the following concerns that have been raised with us to date:
– Residents of Duddingston Road cannot park in front of their house anymore, but some parents of school children are parking there when dropping off or picking up their children;
– Blue badge holders cannot park in front of their house anymore, and their driveways are too narrow to get in or out of their car from a wheelchair;
– The side streets have become busier now that people are not allowed to park on Duddingston Road anymore;
– There is more speeding on Duddingston Road now that cars are not ‘slowed down’ because of the lack of parked cars;
– The scheme doesn’t really make sense: it is not part of a bigger network and the use of the route by cyclists is very limited.
We have already discussed the following questions with individual residents, but will touch on these during the meeting as well:
– What do the new restrictions (double yellow lines with a single blip) mean for residents, blue badge holders, loading and unloading etc.?
– What do I do when a removal van needs access to my house?
– How do I go about installing a dropped kerb for my driveway?
– In what way is the scheme reviewed and will local residents be heard before it may become permanent?
During the meeting, we will go through each of the concerns and questions above and there will be time for residents to respond.
Please let us know if you have any additional concerns that need to be addressed so we can add these to the list.
The meeting will be held via Microsoft Teams on Wednesday 10 February at 7pm.
You find the meeting link at the bottom of this email. Please let us know if you want to join the meeting.
(You can join a Teams meeting anytime, from any device, whether or not you have a Teams account. Go to the meeting invite I will send you and select ‘Join Microsoft Teams Meeting’. That’ll open a web page, where you’ll see two choices: Download the Windows app and Join on the web instead).
Feel free to forward this email to other residents of Duddingston Road that have concerns about the changes.
Please let me know if you have any questions.